NCD Cross Country Skiing Race Series
Supported by MEC
|Atom Boys 2 Age 6 YOB 2010||Atom Girls 2 Age 6 YOB 2010|
|Atom Boys 1 Age 7 YOB 2009||Atom Girls 1 Age 7 YOB 2009|
|Mighty Mite Boys 2 Age 8 YOB 2008||Mighty Mite Girls 2 Age 8 YOB 2008|
|Mighty Mite Boys 1 Age 9 YOB 2007||Mighty Mite Girls 1 Age 9 YOB 2007|
|PeeWee Boys 3 Age 10 YOB 2006||PeeWee Girls 2 Age 10 YOB 2006|
|PeeWee Boys 2 Age 11 YOB 2005||PeeWee Girls 1 Age 11 YOB 2005|
|PeeWee Boys 1 Age 12 YOB 2004||Midget Girls 2 Age 12 YOB 2004|
|Midget Boys 2 Age 13 YOB 2003||Midget Girls 1 Age 13 YOB 2003|
|Midget Boys 1 Age 14 YOB 2002||Juvenile Girls Ages 14/15 YOB 2001, 2002|
|Juvenile Boys Age 15 YOB 2001||Junior Girls Ages 16/17 YOB 1999, 2000|
|Junior Boys Ages 16/17 YOB 1999, 2000||Junior Women Ages 18/19 YOB 1997, 1998|
|Junior Men Ages 18/19 YOB 1997, 1998||Senior Women Ages 20 – 29 (YOB: 1985 – 1996)|
|Senior Men Ages 20 – 29 (YOB: 1985 – 1996)||Masters Women: Ages 30 – 99 (YOB: 1914 – 1986)|
|Masters Men Ages 30 – 99 (YOB: 1914 – 1986)|
- There is a separate report for each age and gender category that provides the detailed points breakdown by athlete.
- Points are awarded on the basis of 15 for 1st place, 13 for 2nd, 11 for 3rd, 10 for fourth and so on, all finishers from 13th place and on get 1 point each.
- The first three finishers in each age category from Atom through Masters are eligible for awards.
- The top ‘n’ race results count towards individual rankings, where ‘n’ is defined by how many races qualify depending on snow availability. This will be determined by the NCD Executive near the end of the season and posted on this site.
- All points accumulated by each racer contribute to club points totals.
- Only registered NCD and Outaouais clubs and skiers will accrue NCD points.
- Skiers who enter more than one age category cannot combine points across categories.
- A tie for any position in a particular race results in equal points being awarded.
- In case of a tie for an NCD award, athletes with equal points are awarded same placing.
- In case of a tie at the award level (1, 2, or 3), the award at the next level is dropped (i.e., two 1st place, no 2nd place) and two names go on trophy for that placing.
- Team Relay Points Rules
i) Points are awarded to the team in the same manner as individual races. Every member of the first place team is awarded 15 points, every member of the second place is awarded 14 points, 13 points for 3rd and so on. Every member from the 15th place team and beyond are awarded one point.
ii) Points are awarded for the category raced. Regardless of the skier’s normal, age appropriate category. Be aware that if an athlete races in one category for the individual events, and chooses to race in a different category for a team relay, the points will NOT be combined. This is consistent with points for individual races: you get points for the category you race in.
In order to encourage broader participation in the NCD race series from all clubs in the area – we have changed the club award criteria, and have added the potential for a financial gift:
- The club must have hosted and NCD race series event
- The club must have met the NCD race series expectations:
- Race notice posted and advertised
- Race results posted and sent to NCD HP rep following the NCD race categories
- Race series fees paid in full by the end of the season
- The club must have have at least one participant compete in 60% of events for which they have eligible skiers (e.g. Nakkertok Juniors is for junior skiers only)
- Clubs will be ranked based on the (total aggregate points of all club participants) divided by the total number of individual club participants
- BONUS points are available for clubs who make the race an event by adding kids activities, fundraising, canteen, etc..
NCD Championship (2009/2010)
Awards are presented at the NCD Banquet, usually held in April. Come on out to celebrate the ski season with all other clubs in the region!!!!